Sunday, September 19, 2010

No hats in school?!

     Last year, I was eating lunch with my friends and one of them happened to be wearing an Albert Lea hockey stocking cap. When the lunch lady walked by our table and saw this, she promptly told him to take it off. I think that is just ridiculous. I mean, he was showing his support for his school and his team by wearing that hat. I understand the school policy about wearing hats, and that it is designed to prevent gang violence. So from what I would imagine, whoever wrote the policy had bandanas and solid color caps in mind, not school sports hats! Wearing a hat that says albert lea hockey is really no different from wearing a t-shirt that says albert lea hockey, and I've never heard of anyone starting a fight with someone because they were wearing a t-shirt that said albert lea hockey or any other sport on it for that matter. So in my opinion, I think  the albert lea high school should seriously reconsider this policy pertaining to school sports related headwear. 
                                        -Andrew 

No comments:

Post a Comment