I recently saw an advertisement in the science museum magazine saying that there is an imax movie about the hubble space telescope and its discoveries coming to the science museum. I think this will be great and it will be amazing to see the incredibly high resolution spacescapes that the hubble has produced on the huge imax screen. The hubble is am orbital space telescope with a huge, extremely high resolution camera to take pictures of objects in deep space. It has given us an unpresedented view of the beauty of deep space, and it continues to show us new things all the time, such as the furthest visible objects in the universe, which are nearly 13 billion light years away. This means it takes light 13 billion years to reach us. This is just an incomprehesible distance for me, the fact that it takes light, the fastest thing in the universe, 13 billion years to travel the distance. I hope that this movie will help people to realize the beauty and vastness of the universe we live in.
-Andrew
That is very interesting! I agree with you. It would be amazing to see the beauty we have!
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with you that so many things about the universe are incomprehensible. It would be very interesting to go and see these discoveries at the Museum.
ReplyDeleteHey this is Kyle if you want to know my thoughs on the universe check out my blog entry titled beauty. Trust me its not what you think. I like the concept of this form of beauty even though I prefer to look at a gleaming engine, blazing weapon, or well edited action movie.
ReplyDeleteWell written in any case good job.