The high school boys swimming season starts on monday, and I'm really excited. I haven't really improved very much over the past few seasons, and that really motivated me to work hard in the off seasons. I swam at a swim club up in faribault and went to a swim camp at gustavus college to improve my technique. I also went to the y and swam often to work on the many new things that i had learned. I am confident in myself and what i can accomplish. I was told by someone who was a swimmer that one of the fastest people on their team in high school was a tall and skinny guy who didn't have a lot of muscle, just like me. Yet he could swim a 50 free in 23 seconds. Our school record in the 50 is a 21.28. That really made me realize that i was fully capable of swimming that fast, and that i just needed to work hard and improve my technique. My goal is to take the school record in the 100 freestyle, which is 47.47 seconds. My goal is to swim the same race in 45.5 seconds. I'd also like to take the record in the 50 free. My goal time for that is 20.5 seconds.
-Andrew
Dude good luck on swimming this year man. I wish I could come swim with you guys, but I have to lift. I'm glad to hear how hard you've been working to get better in the off season at the swim club. Stay strong man. YOU'RE A BEAST!
ReplyDeleteI really hope that you have a successful season and that you can accomplish your goals. Knowing you, it probably won't be long before you hold several records. The way you work makes anything possible for you.
ReplyDeleteI think that you Are gonna get there. It might be hard but you have it in ya. Know get out ther and swim your little heart out. That's my coach talk.
ReplyDelete