Sunday, March 6, 2011

Respect

Respect is the foundation of organized society. It is what allows us to coexist with one another, even though we may not hold the same ideas or morals. If have the principle of respect, however, we will acknowledge another human's rights, no matter how much we may disagree. Religion, race, and creed all become secondary, and humanity takes priority. If we had no respect, then the concept of organized government would be futile, for without respect for authority, one cannot have a working, healthy government. Without respect, there wouldn't be a public education system, because no teacher would be able to maintain authority in the classroom (this already happens in some cases). Even the fact that im taking the time to write a blog entry has to to with respect. If I didn't respect my teacher, I wouldn't spend my time completing the assignments that I'm given. Granted, I do know that how hard I work in school will affect where I go in life, but respect is a definite factor at play here. Respect is what supports our everyday existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment