Sunday, October 17, 2010

Airsoft

Today I played airsoft as a youth group activity for my church. I had a lot of fun. Airsoft is a combat simulation game of sorts where you have a gun that shoots 6mm diameter plastic bbs. Often times these guns look like real guns (M16s, Ak-47s, etc...). For a nice gun you can spend in upwards of $300. There are usually two or more teams in the game, and the object of the game is to get the other players out by shooting them with your mock firearm, which can hurt quite a bit. It leaves welts (or worse), and I still have scars of two welts my brother gave me earlier this summer. You usually wear these scars with pride when you're an airsoft player. The game requires a lot of strategy, most of it borrowed from real ground warfare. You have to figure out how to flank your enemies and lay down ambushes and similar strategic moves. This is the part I'm really trying to improve on now, since tactics can usually win the day. The development of good tactics takes the most time for the developing airsofter. Its a really fun hobby and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys action activities.
                                                              
                                                                     -Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment