Sunday, October 3, 2010

Be Factual

     In my opinion, being factual is the most important aspect of being a journalist. After all, journalism is basically writing to get the facts about an event out to people. I don't care if my newspaper articles aren't fun to read, I just want the facts. (Worth would definitely disagree with me and will probably post a comment stating such.) I don't really read the newspaper anyways, and when I do read, I don't read because I think it's going to be fun. I just want to fins out how the event really happened. Also, when i read magazine articles, I just read for the facts. You could be a very captivating writer and have a way with words, but if you make up things that are totally false and try to pass it off as a news story, you would have not only failed at journalism, you could also get in very big trouble for libel, and end up being sued, which is not very fun. These things considered, i think it's safe to say being factual is the most important aspect of being a journalist.

                                            -Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment