Sunday, October 24, 2010

Preparing for hunting!

     My dad, my brother, and I spent this weekend at our grandparents' house preparing for deer hunting two weeks from now. This will be my first time deer hunting, so I am very excited. My grandparents live near Dalbo, Minnesota, a small town near Cambridge. They own many acres of woods and my grandpa is a very experienced deer hunter, so it will be the perfect place for my first hunt. We tried out the rifles we will be hunting with on pumpkins. The pumpkins didn't stand a chance against the 30/40 Krag, which is the rifle I will be using. It is a very old rifle, probably used in the Spanish-American War of 1898. It is still in fairly good condition though, and it works very well. In addition to trying out the rifles, we set up blinds, or camouflaged shelters to shoot from. We set up two blinds at different locations where deer usually pass through. They are simple blinds, made from camo fabric with zippered windows and doors in them. We spent time with my grandparents and went to see a movie. We had a great time and I can't wait to hunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment