Sunday, October 17, 2010

Freedom

Freedom is very important to this country. It is our primary founding value, and it is what defines us as a country. One of our most important freedoms is the right to bear arms. I believe that this right has been significantly infringed in the past decade. There are way to many permits and licensing restricitions that our gowernment has put on firearms. The Bill of Rights explicitly states that the government shall put no such restrictions on citizens' right to bear arms. Gun restricitions are supposedly ment to keep guns out of the hands or crimminals, but I believe they do nothing but keep them out of the hands of law abiding citizens who deserve to have them. Crimminals, by nature, are those who disobey the rules and regulations that the government lays down, so would it be logical to assume that since you lay down a restriction on certain firearms, that crimminals will stop aquiring such weapons? No. Such laws are pointless and illogical and don't really help that much. That's just one of the many things that I believe are wrong and don't make sense that the liberals are pushing and trying to make part of the law of the United States. I don't always disagree with liberals though, I think they have some really good ideas. Well, that's just my two cents on the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment